Tuesday, February 19, 2008

An Avalanche of Creativity





This is what my dining room table looks like when the daughter and I both get late night creative urges, and we are in a whirlwind of creation... I know, scary, isn't it?


My very best friend in the whole wide world is having a birthday this week, and I am working on a tiny scrapbook for her. The theme? RODEO NIGHTS, of course. Every year for her birthday, I purchase rodeo tickets for us; we go to dinner, head to the rodeo, get seated, "yeehaw" like lunatics, and have ourselves a right good time! This year, we will be heading out on Friday evening to participate in the fun. To celebrate this time in our lives, a traditon, I am creating this book for her. I have not felt so great during the last few weeks, so I have obviously waited until what feels like the last minute! Hence my creative fury.


The daughter's boyfriend is away at the moment, and she is missing him like crazy, so she's working on a scrapbook / journal that my innovative friend Natalie taught us how to fashion out of a composition notebook. It is really an amazingly simple thing that makes the finished book look so cool. I will post photos of both finished products as soon as they are done.


I must confess, seeing the dining room table (in the above photo) made my head spin a little bit when I arrived home from work several minutes ago. How can we possibly get any work done in that? We really are able to accomplish so much, but it would seem that productive work couldn't possibly happen there! LOL...


It made me wonder...what does your creative space look like? Are you messy when you create (as we certainly are) or are you completely organized and neat? What kind of space works best for you? I would love to hear your thoughts.


I hope the rest of your week is a fabulously creative one!

3 comments:

Arizaphale said...

Hi Andi, my work space is always evolving and changing. From piles on the floor, under the desk, on the sideboard, to religious filing and a place for every paperclip...I am a seething ocean of contradictions. My worst trait is if I am 'creating' I leave everything where I finished off so I can just pick it up when I come back. Hence the living room becomes a sewing factory if I make anything...for days. Oh to have the time....

Stacy said...

Oh, my area is a MESS! Hence the reason why I relegated myself to the basement. I can create and be messy downstairs and have a (mostly) cleanish house upstairs. My basement is unfinished, so it isn't exactly cozy down there, but it works. When I am scrapbooking, I do that at the kitchen table and need to clean up each night. I have gotten better at only taking out what I need and I have my big rolling storage thing next to me to hold all my stuff.

Thanks for the compliments, too, Andi. It was very nice to hear. :)

Mendy said...

Of all the things I wish my three year old would pick up from me it would not be my oranizational skills or neatness! I am clean however the more clutter and mess the better. She is exactly the same! I will post one of our many crafts days soon, we have paint from ear to ear and from one end of the table to the next! It has been so bad before that my husband went to the paint store & brought home the brown rolls of paper that painters use to not spill on furniture, floors etc... We are an utter mess of chaos! I am glad to see we are not alone!