Thursday, April 3, 2008

Thursday Theme: Stylin'

It's Cherry Blossom Time!





We are in the midst of a two week Cherry Blossom Festival that causes our city to become awash in pink...bows, wreaths, flowers, balloons, flags, clothes, pancakes...you name it; it most likely turns pink here for these two weeks! (Many of the men involved with the festival functions even wear pink sports jackets! And visitors who visit the city and do not know about the festival usually think there are ridiculous amounts of baby girls born because of all of the pink ribbons!)





About today's theme, I have to say, I have no photographic style. I have never given it much thought really. I ADORE photography exhibits, arty creative expressions with photography, black and whites, photos with no people in them (my sweet mother can just not understand why someone would take a photo without a person in it! LOL), photos that tell a story with no words, and images that move me in some way. I am not really able to do all of those things myself; I am basically a "point and shoot" kind of girl. I aim to be more than that one day, to take instantly amazing shots, to move people with my photos, and to feel inclinded to hang something I have taken on my walls. I desire to have a FANTASTIC camera, to take a photography class with the daughter (who does have a naturally good photographic eye), and to become something more like a photographer than a point and shooter. (ha,ha)


My photos for today's theme: stylin' are more about the person in the photos- my niece, MEB, is making a return with her precious stylin' self! (Just let me say, her mother, my sister-in-law dresses this child to the max! She shops mostly at Gymboree, and MEB is matching from head to toe - even panties and socks oftentimes!) This pretty in pink girl and my pink city are the things that I chose to share with you today.
For more stylin' stories and photos, visit Stacey over at The Land of KA...Enjoy!


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! How crazy that the whole city goes "pink!" I love the photos.

And thank you so much for the comment over at Chaos today! I love the commiserating over the math ineptitude. (Is that a word, teacher?) :-)

Stacy said...

Oh she is a stylin' cute little girl! I love the pictures of the cherry blossom trees, too. So pretty! Best of luck in your photographic journey, too.

Killlashandra said...

Thank you so much for your nice comment on my pink and b/w collage. There must be something about pink in the air this spring as your pictures feature quite a bit too. :)

I do miss cherry blossom festivals. There is a huge one in Seattle that was a lot of fun. I love the pink poodle!

Maggie said...

Your niece is most certainly stylin'! So cute! I love that she matches the whole city...what a gorgeous festival that must be!

Sabba and Nanny said...

Those cherry blossoms are beautiful and make me homesick for Japan, where we lived for five years. We had a park near our home that would go completely pink. Easter usually fell during cherry blossom season, and we would hold a sunrise service among those delicate flowers.