My friend, Natalie, tagged me for this fun meme...here is the scoop all about MY man!
1. Who is your man? the husband
2. How long have you been together? Together- 19 and 1/2 years; Married- 18 years
(I have known and loved this man since I was 16 years old!)
3. How long dated? 1 and 1/2 years
4. How old is your man? Nine years older than me...(not as scandalous now, as it was when I was 16...) I am 36; he is 45.
5. Who eats more? This is not a nice question...I would love to say he does, and I should be ashamed that I can eat alot...I think it depends on the food and the time. I eat way less up until dinner. He eats larger meals for breakfast and lunch. We eat similar amounts at dinner.
6. Who said "I love you" first? I have no idea....sadly. It was most likely me. We would probably argue about this though...
7. Who is taller? This is an area of sensitivity for my husband (at times). I am short, but he is a tad bit shorter than me. What he lacks in height, he makes up in eaverything else!
8. Who sings better? No contest- the husband sings so beautifully...he is a musician, and I have always LOVED to listen to him sing and play...
9. Who is smarter? This is also an area of difficulty for us; we tend to be competitive at times. I would gladly tell you all that he is smarter, but I would NEVER tell him that.
10. Whose temper is worse? Mine. It's not pretty, and I can not stop it when it is happening...I have a fit, and then all is better. I used to get in the car, and drive to the nearest grocery store, sit in the parking lot, and FUME! I am so much better these days...not had a fit in a while!
11. Who does the laundry? The husband does....all of it, ironing too. He also cleans more than I do. (I am the envy of all of the ladies with whom I work!)
12. Wh0 takes out the garbage? Neither of us; the daughter does that. It is one of her chores. Although both of us have been known to help her out when she is busy or away from home.
13. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? I do.
14. Who pays the bills? The husband. (Gosh, he does it all! I should be more helpful!)
15. Who is beter with the computer? We are about the same with this one...we both manage fairly well.
16. Who mows the lawn? Our yard man, Franklin...(The husband has a rare heart disorder, and since he has a defibrilator, he can not use any kind of yard tool that vibrates.)
17. Who cooks dinner? I do! I do everything related to food- preparing, cooking, baking, grilling, even heating it up!
18. Who drives when you are together? The husband. I hate to drive, so I am always looking for someone else to do that for me.
19. Who pays when you go out? He does. (But all of our money goes into the same account, so it really makes no difference.)
20. Who is most stubborn? The husband. (Although he would certainly disagree. Perhaps, the daughter might win this one!)
21. Who is the first to admit when they are wrong? I ALWAYS give in, even when I know I am right...I cool off, and just want the disagreement to be over, so I say that I was wrong, or that I am sorry, or that it was all my fault...whatever it takes.
22. Whose parents do you see the most? Mine (The husband's parents have both passed away.)
23. Who kissed who first? I think I remember that we both had a part in that...(really I have no clue. That was YEARS ago!)
24. Who asked who out? We did not "officially" date, like most people do. The husband was supposed to teach me how to play the guitar that I got for my 17th birthday, but that was all a ruse...when we actually went "out", he suggested that we go.
25. Who proposed? Well, I did. But, he asked and aksed and asked...you might remember that I have told the story of being pregnant at 17, and getting married at 19. Well, we did not get married right way...but not because he did not ask. He did (again and again); I just was not ready to be a wife. Suddenly, one summer day, I was and I asked him if he would still marry me. Later at midnight on Christmas Eve, he officially proposed and gave me a ring.
26. Who is more sensitive? Oh, no question, I am!
27. Who has more friends? Hard to say...we both have many.
28. Who has more siblings? I do.
29. Who wears the pants in the family? The husband.
Is that it?
You missed the most important question!!
30. How did you meet? Oh, no. This is a most embarrassing story. When people hear it, they LOVE it, so I have to tell it often.
I was a junior in high school, dating a boy named Mark. Mark had a friend named Eddie. Mark and I were always having some problem, and when my phone rang one evening, I answered it. The caller said, "May I speak to Angela?" I said, "This is she." (Note: My name is NOT Angela. I just though this voice sounded like Eddie. I imagined Mark asked him to call me and break up with me, and people ALWAYS get my name wrong, so I answer to just about anything...) About 10 minutes into the conversation, I realized (to my horror!) that this was a wrong number. I had NO CLUE who this person was. Finally, I worked up the courage to confess that I thought he had the wrong number. Well, it was not nice-oh, how the caller made fun of me! "Do you always talk people who call wrong numbers? Don't you have anything better to do?...(insert serious sarcasm where appropriate!)" Quickly, I hung up, and was just mortified! I continued with my art history homework, and thought I would have a funny story to tell my friends the next day, once I recovered from the embarrassment!
Well, a few minutes later, the phone rang again. I answered again. It was the same caller- the wrong number! He recognized my voice from before, and explained that he felt bad for making fun of me, and he just wanted to call back to apologize. THAT is how I met my husband. By the way, I mentioned that he was a musician. He was calling Angela, some girl he met at band practice, who gave him her number, but he lost it. He was calling every person in the phone book with her last name...(she and I just happened to share the same last names...) I owe a great deal to Angela Ballard. I have never met her, or seen her, but I am certainly happy that I answered the phone that day! Needless to day, we continued talking for days and weeks, and eventually he came over to my house to be my guitar teacher. My father LOVES to point out to people that I STILL do not know how to play the guitar. :)
So, thanks for reading all about my man! I would like to tag my very best friend in the whole wide world, Sallee! She's got a great man too...let's hear all about him!!