Sunday, December 6, 2009

Atlanta Eve



Well, it feels a little like Christmas Eve kinda.
I am on the verge of doing something so fun, I can barely stand it.

Tomorrow, the daughter and I are heading to Atlanta to meet one of my very favorite bloggers, Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummond. It's ok that she's not signing her book until later in the evening...I took the whole day off from work just in case! Several important errands have come up since then, so I sure am glad I did. After a few pit stops, we'll be on our way to Atlanta to plant ourselves at the Borders. I have been looking forward to this for months, ever since I saw Atlanta pop up on her book signing tour. I have a little confession of my own though...


I am getting a tad bit nervous. Is that normal? Shouldn't she be the nervous one? She has done this so often by now, she couldn't possibly be nervous! If you know me at all, you are not surprised that I'd be the nervous one...What will I wear? What will I say? What if I embarrass myself? What will I say? What if I ramble on like I usually do? What if we do not make it in time? What will I say? What if we stand in line forever...will I make it back home in time for a good night's sleep? What will I wear? What will I say?


In case you can't tell, I have a mild case of social anxiety...I am bringing the daughter along for several reasons. First, she's the love of my life, and I can not think of anyone with whom I'd rather share my day. Also, because she is my filter...she'll (hopefully) stop me from saying wildly inappropriate things that are just unnecessary. Next, because I can NOT drive in Atlanta. She will be my chauffeur. Finally, because she just SO MUCH FUN. It will be with her that I laugh until I almost wet my pants and seriously need an oxygen tank just to breathe from laughing so hard. She's my baby girl who is expecting a baby herself soon, and I am not sure how many more mother - daughter days we'll have...so the daughter and I will most certainly have a few funny stories when we return. I can't wait to share them with you.


Hope your week starts off with loads of smiles and fun!

2 comments:

natalie said...

Loved A's picture on FB. So fun! Wish I could have tagged along. I know y'all had a blast!

Arizaphale said...

Meeting bloggy friends in real life can be fantastic. Hope it wasn't too stressful for you and that you had a great time. More updates more frequently please :-) (That's rich coming from me who has been so slack of late) By the way, I probably don't tell you enough how much I love reading your comments on my site. Your wisdom, empathy and humour are a great blessing.