Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Peanut

This is peanut...a sonogram of my GRANDchild. Yes. You read it correctly. It is official. I will be a grandmother in February. I am not sure there is space here for me to really reveal all of the thoughts running around in my head, or if I actually want to do that until they are ready for public consumption...right now, I just just wanted to record this here. Peanut is real. I am sure many, many future posts will contain an almost ridiculous amount of gushing about this child. I hear grandparents do that, you know. But right now, I just needed to say it.

By the way, if you are like me, and you can never see anything on a sonogram image...the baby's head is on the right. His/her hands (obviously not fully formed) are just below that to the left, and the rest is his/her body...(if you look at is sideways thinking of the right as the top of the head, it is pretty clear) All in all he/she is just a little peanut forming...growing...waiting until the day when he/she will make an appearance and fall into our arms!

2 comments:

Arizaphale said...

Oh Andi. I don't quite know what to say to this rather surprising piece of news! But HEY!!! A grandbaby!!! How wonderful is that????????? I hope you're all well and happy.Don't you love ultrasounds? (that's what we call them here.)

sallieseas said...

Grandparents GUSH?? NAH!!! LOL. As you know what I believe wholeheartedly, granchildren are the icing on the cake of life. No ifs, ands or buts. (Just please don't let the nickname Peanut stick!!) If my new one is a girl...we have named her Addyson Moon (Addy). So I am happy, as I know you are. We just have happiness at a different time than we expected. So, GRAMMY, anytime you want advice from the "greatest grandma in the world" just holler! LOL
Love you